Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words of Wisdom

3 posters

Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty Words of Wisdom

Post by HypnoDude February 9th 2009, 9:24 pm

I am always looking for material which reflects my studies and my future work with Hypnotherapy. This entry doesnt specifically talk about Hypnotherapy, however the specifics of the Subconscious and Conscious minds, is very exact, and represents a major base point of Hypnotherapy itself and how it works.

Affirmations

The words we speak and think hold great sway over the kind of life that we create for ourselves.

Many people live their lives plagued by negative thoughts and never even realize this. They tell themselves and others that they are doomed to fail, not good enough, or not worthy of love, yet they are amazed when their reality starts reflecting these words. Just as the subconscious mind accepts as truth the critical statements we tell ourselves, however, it is also equipped to instantly accept the veracity of our affirmations.

Affirmations are statements chosen and spoken consciously. Once they enter our realm of consciousness, they also enter our subconscious mind where they have the power to change our lives. The affirmations you create should be specific, not too long, worded positively, formed in complete sentences, and spoken in the present tense as if what you are affirming is already true. It is a good idea to repeat your affirmations daily. You may want to tell yourself that you deserve to be happy or that you are in control of your destiny. Or, you may want to focus on a particular goal, such as attracting new friends. Rather than telling yourself you want to be well-liked, say, “I am well-liked.” Your subconscious mind will pick up on these positive messages, and you will begin to live your life as if what you are affirming already has happened. Soon, your reality will begin to reflect your affirmations. If you find that you are thwarting yourself with negative thinking, try repeating ! your affirmations several times a day. Write your affirmations down and say them aloud or in your mind. Allow your conviction to grow stronger each time you say your affirmations, and your negativity will be overridden by your motivation and positive thoughts.

Affirmations are a powerful tool for creating our desired reality.

We consciously and subconsciously invite opportunity into our lives when we say affirmations. Trust in the power of your affirmations, and you will very quickly create what you have already stated to be true.

The Daily Om
HypnoDude
HypnoDude

Male
Number of posts : 136
Appreciation Points : 91
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom Empty Re: Words of Wisdom

Post by Spirit-Being February 10th 2009, 9:31 am

I needed to hear this as i have been using affirmations everyday in my life, the affirmation i use the most when my thoughts seem to be taking over, i will say "I love you God" Usually when i am on my way to work. This has helped me a lot and has kept the negative thoughts away.

I am looking for some really deep affirmations something that will be life changing as you stated above. If anyone has any really good affirmations that works for them, i would love to hear some of them.

Now when i said deep affirmations i meant something that will affirm something deep inside me, something that would touch my soul. There was a time when i prayed very sincerely, the questions i asked were so heart felt and they went much deeper than the questions i have asked recently. I will give you an example: lets say i have a question about Life? I could ask the most common question people have asked throughout history. Which is "Why are we here" but for me there are so many underlying questions that would stem from this one question, questions that would be much more profound. Firstly understanding myself, if i don't know myself how could i know why we are all here.

So i am still searching for that one affirmation that would be life changing. I hope this made sense, sometimes i could get carried away with a post and drag it out for the simple reason, of trying to make a longer post than what i should write. Anyhow this is how i felt and i thank you HypnoDude for writing this, how important affirmations are to reprogram our conscious thinking (Mind) changing the negative thoughts into positive ones.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer February 10th 2009, 10:57 am

If I may quote Sylvia Browne for a moment:
"Affirmations are declarations of our worthiest goals and our sacred responsibilities to ourselves as treasured children of God. Repeating those declarations often enough that our subconscious minds accepts them as fact and guide our behavior accordingly is what makes affirmations a powerful spiritual tool that anyone can use. Through affirmations we can declare ourselves healthier, stronger, more positive, more successful, kinder, more patient, more confident, more courageous, more responsible, more spiritually attuned-whatever will help us love ourselves more. If prayers are acknowledgments of reverence to the God "out there" who's with each of us at every eternal moment, affirmations are those same acknowledgments to that God "in here" in the very genetic makeup of our Souls"

and remember, thoughts are things.
If you want to be healthier, say "I am healthy" as opposed to "I don't want to be sick" you would only be reinforcing the word "sick" you want to reinforce the word "HEALTHY"

Spirit being,
I'm not sure what you are searching for is an affirmation...since you are asking for answers rather than declaring something. scratch
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 117
Appreciation Points : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 10th 2009, 4:25 pm

Dreamer wrote:If I may quote Sylvia Browne for a moment:
"Affirmations are declarations of our worthiest goals and our sacred responsibilities to ourselves as treasured children of God. Repeating those declarations often enough that our subconscious minds accepts them as fact and guide our behavior accordingly is what makes affirmations a powerful spiritual tool that anyone can use. Through affirmations we can declare ourselves healthier, stronger, more positive, more successful, kinder, more patient, more confident, more courageous, more responsible, more spiritually attuned-whatever will help us love ourselves more. If prayers are acknowledgments of reverence to the God "out there" who's with each of us at every eternal moment, affirmations are those same acknowledgments to that God "in here" in the very genetic makeup of our Souls"

Very Enlightening Dreamer, Sylvia has much wisdom to share as do you as well Smile and you are right about me Searching for something, i have been looking for answers my whole life from what i can remember, even as a child i felt swayed in directions that i knew were bad for me although i preceded, the mistakes needed to be made so i could understand better. In searching i now know life is about experience, how could i possibly know the truth without experience even when mistakes were made. By this i learned the Truth, I know this post is about Affirmations and there are many times i will drift off the topic, only because i see something in myself, that i needed to lay on the table, as i believe it will help me understand & hopefully benefit all. This post is not just about me it is about all of us sharing our experiences, and inspirations. And i hope through my experiences people can learn from them. Now with that said i searched for some very deep Affirmations and i came across a couple sites with some very powerful ones. I also found an article on one of these sites that made a lot of sense to me & i think would be very helpful.

By Phil Bolsta

Keep your list of affirmations fresh and meaningful by revising it as often as it occurs to you to do so. If one affirmation in particular seems to lose its power, toss it; perhaps you’ll think of a more effective one to take its place. As you begin using them more consistently, you’ll find that great affirmations relevant to your current circumstances just pop into your head from time to time.

And keep your antennae up while you’re reading spiritual books and articles; if a good affirmation jumps out at you, add it to your collection. If you allow yourself to get into a rut by repeating the same stale affirmations over and over day in and day out, you’ll gradually lose interest and abandon the practice altogether.

I am open to the gifts of the Universe

I patiently and intently follow the guidance of my Higher Self on the path to enlightenment
I commit myself to the direction of my Higher Self

The answer I seek is available within me
I am Love, I am Light

I choose only positive thoughts
I am positive energy

I have all knowledge within me
I am on my Life Purpose

All possibilities are open to me, right here, right now
My mind and body are in complete alignment with the Universe

I release the need to control and allow my Higher Self to guide me daily in living a life that will lead to the higher good of all I am in contact with

I am responsible for my own Spiritual Growth

I give freely without the need or expectation of receiving
I am a radiant being filled with light and love

I recognize Divine Spirit to be omnipresent
I recognize and honor Divine Spirit in all those I meet today

I choose to live my life in a way that allows the higher good of all
I recognize and embrace the gift of intuition

I am a loving, forgiving, gentle and kind person
I release the need and desire for constant material gain

I clearly recognize and embrace any and all signs from the Universe
Whatever I need to know is revealed to me.

These are just some affirmations that stood out to me, below i shall post the links to where i found all this information.

http://www.guided-insights.com/id37.html

http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/help-yourself/

http://discoveringwellness.hdmenterprises.com/affirmations.htm

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being February 12th 2009, 10:54 am

I do tend to get off topic and this is something i need to work on, i hope everyone is having a great day Very Happy

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2013, 7:53 am

Here are 3 more affirmations.

I am NOW

I am THAT to which all appearances appear.

All ways are ME.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum