Divining with Seashells

Go down

Divining with Seashells

Post by laura ann on April 4th 2012, 11:30 am

laura ann

since it is spring and folks will be going to the beach lets look at using seashells to divine with.

Seashell Divination / Conchomancy

Divining with sea shells is a mixture of divination and good 'ole mysticism together. Just think of the ocean and all the amazing creatures it hold. The ocean and these creatures generate wonderful energies and vibrations. So in turn when these creatures leave their shells behind they have left great energy for you to discover and and they possibly hold messages for you as well.

Water is the element that represents our emotions. Seashells connect us to the ocean which in turn connects us to our emotions. Any one ever took a trip to the ocean that you did not smile at first sight. Or take a deep salty breath of ocean air. The little kid inside you jumped up and down. This opens our intuition. We then use our sense of sight, feeling, touch and smell. Add a healthy dose of imagination and we can get a wonderful divination process.

And we then heal others and ourselves with positve energies. Anytime we connect our energy to anothers and to the universal energies we heal the planet, ourselves and others. It is also amazing what we learn about ourselves when we let all those energies collide together.

To read the shells you let the quarant/sitter select 3 to 12 shells. how many they choose is your choice. Often jsut three or four is really good.

Pay attention if they choose all the same type. Pay attention how they lay them out for you on the table. Did they go in a circle or a square. Did they stack them on top of each other. This in itself will tell you about the person. Square to me says they stay boxed into a little area, they don't take risks.. Chaos would send them screaming. Stacked says to me they like order all things compact and at times likes the thrill of will it fall.They will jump into the abyss to see if they can survive. In a circle says to me they like everything to go full circle or they are always chasing their tales. First this way then that way but never getting anywhere either.

Like all earth things the shells hold energy and emotions. Shells are as good a messenger as birds or any of the earth creatures. Remember each and every shell started as a baby and grew so each one has a story to tell.

Another way to divine with the seashells is to choose them out of a basket. Sight unseen. First gather some shells. As many and as many different kinds as you like. Store bought are okay but if you can collect them yourself off the beach and multiple beaches is fantastic. Iuse a mixture of collected and store bought all combined together.

Study each seashell to get a feeling regarding what the seashell means to you. Make a note so you can reference it describing the shells and how you felt. I made me a notebook and numbered each shell . Then I wrote down my thoughts and feelings for quick reference when I held them. I then marked each shell with the number as well. Occasionally though I will hold them during a reading and get an entirely different thing from them.. I use it all.lol

Before doing readings with them of course like any divination tool smudge old energies out of them. Cleanse the shells with some sage and be sure to thank the ocean, the universe and of course the shells themselves for helping you.

Put the shells in a basket or bag. Close your eyes and allow your hands to hover just above the cntainer, so that you are not touching the shells. Imagine the energy of the shells drawing upwards into your hands and mentally focus on your intent or question.

Turn the basket clockwise three times keeping your eyes closed.

You can also do this for an even more elaborate method, but it is not necessary, choose with the left hand for unconscious motivations. Choose with the right hand for conscious directions.

Reach into the basket and pull out as many or as few shells as you would like. Three shells might represent the past, present and future, one shell might represent a single specific answer, Keeping your eyes closed, hold each shell in your hand and meditate.

Carefully set each shell down in front of you . Write what you feel as you
pick them.What emotions come to you. What story is that shell telling you.Look at the overall meanings. Did it answer the original question?

You also can include the use of a seashell oracle deck of cards with this method. You can add to the reading with the cards or match the cards to the shell to get the meaning on the card added to your own feelings and intuition from the shell itself. I have two seashell decks of oracle cards I use for reference and for additional meanings to add to my touch intuitive associations.

Please remember all you really need is the shells themselves and your mind , emotions, and hands. All the other stuff (basket, cards, sage,) is just extra helpers for what the shells themselves will tell you.

laura ann
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Divining with Seashells

Post by Spirit-Being on April 4th 2012, 6:35 pm

This is wonderful, i have not heard of this method of divining but i find it fascinating. I live close by the the beach so picking up shells wouldn't be an issue. I may try this sometime, when i do ill share what i pick up from the shells.

Do you use shells from different beaches?

~Love, Light, Blessings~

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2277
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2689
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 on March 20th 2013, 1:32 pm

I also have never heard of this but I have loads of seashells so I am going to try it too. I wonder what kind and size of shells you use. Does anyone have any idea? Also where do you get the shell cards? I have never heard of them. Thank You
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on March 26th 2013, 12:35 pm

[img][/img]

any shells you like..these are some of my many ..it is all about touch and feeling.
hold one..what is first thing you think of?
the cards can be bought at any metaphysical card shop or online but they are just extra and not actually necessary.
it is more of how many shells you want to read with and how far you want to go.
kinda like doing a 3 card tarot spread or a 12 card spread.. diviners choice
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 on March 26th 2013, 6:32 pm

Thanks Laura, I will look for the cards this week. So when I hold the shell in my hand I'm suppose to hear a message telepathically? Do I write down the message and go to the next shell? Do I ask any questions or just wait for the message?

BTW do I need to do anything with the shells like leave them out in the full moon like crystals? Thank You Hugs
Taurus20

Female
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 on March 26th 2013, 6:37 pm

laura ann wrote:[img][/img]

any shells you like..these are some of my many ..it is all about touch and feeling.
hold one..what is first thing you think of?
the cards can be bought at any metaphysical card shop or online but they are just extra and not actually necessary.
it is more of how many shells you want to read with and how far you want to go.
kinda like doing a 3 card tarot spread or a 12 card spread.. diviners choice

Your shells are beautiful. I have some similar ones. I live near some beautiful beeches and have collected them for some time. I'm always looking for different ones when I go to the beach. We also get sharks teeth around here, I bet I could use them too!
Taurus20

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum