The "No" Empowered Personality.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The "No" Empowered Personality.

Post by sunmystic on February 21st 2012, 3:52 pm

As a young child the first word that we encounter that has a significant effect on our relationship to the grand scheme of things is the word "No'. For a lot of us the conclusion that we make from that experience with the word "No" is that if you have power you can say "No"; if you do not have power then you can not say "No". When one has power they are safe; when one does not have power they are not safe. So the more you can say "No" the more power you have and the safer you are. From there the simple object of life is to say "No" as often as possible. You then become a "No" empowered person and "Yes" is a threat to your permission to feel power and safe.

Ultimately, if life does not force you to do something, then you will do nothing. Nothing goes nowhere but you do not care, because as long as you do nothing you are safe. You are "No" empowered and taking it to its ultimate conclusion, imprisoned by the fear of the word "Yes" when it comes to doing something.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The "No" Empowered Personality.

Post by Vanilla2 on February 22nd 2012, 4:24 am

Hm what gives me power is taking my control back once again. And yes when a certain person says, I'll run you there in the car, or I'll pay for that, put it on my card, you pay me back later. I am now starting to say that powerful word, NO, I'm doing it. Even if I have to struggle. Take the control away from the controllable's that have had control over YOUR life, and start disabling there power.
Vanilla2
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 22nd 2012, 10:03 am

Vanilla2 wrote:Hm what gives me power is taking my control back once again. And yes when a certain person says, I'll run you there in the car, or I'll pay for that, put it on my card, you pay me back later. I am now starting to say that powerful word, NO, I'm doing it. Even if I have to struggle. Take the control away from the controllable's that have had control over YOUR life, and start disabling there power.

There can be valid reasons to say "No". When it comes to me becoming obligated to someone, my first answer is "No". There is absolutely no struggle to that one in my reality Smile ! A "No" empowered person can not be a team player unless they are forced to be; and a true "No" empowered person procrastinates and is a procrastinator. If life does not force them to do something, then they will do nothing. And they will do nothing themselves right into their grave.

I am a "No" empowered person Smile reprogramming my "No" empowered programming has been and still is a very difficult challenge. The most difficult part is procrastination. I suspect Vanilla that you are not a procrastinator, "What say you?"
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 22nd 2012, 10:09 am

Oh I see what you mean. I didn't mean I would have to struggle to say that word NO. Just the fact I may have to struggle to make that payment, or to drive my self there when car petrol is low. Jog. And to your question, yes I can be at times.
Vanilla2
Administrator
Administrator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 22nd 2012, 10:45 am

Vanilla2 wrote:Oh I see what you mean. I didn't mean I would have to struggle to say that word NO. Just the fact I may have to struggle to make that payment, or to drive my self there when car petrol is low. . And to your question, yes I can be at times.

I had a feeling that that was what you were talking about.

I love that little smilie, it is so cute!
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 22nd 2012, 10:52 am

I have 199 posts, I have to post this so that I can have 200 posts Smile .

sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 22nd 2012, 12:05 pm

Glad you did Sunmystic, as i haven't read this post yet and i can absolutely relate to this. I have been a procrastinator for a very long time. I will say things i want to do or need to do, but never really put much emphasis on getting them done. I used the term ill do it in a few minutes or later, and then i eventually forget about it and start doing something else.

I cannot recall if i am a No person or a Yes person so to speak as i am not very aware of this. But i guess procrastination is like saying No so i will say that i must be comfortable with that word. The great thing since i have been working on myself and recognizing the emotions that surface within me, and seeing the lies i have created by myself from others words or our culture. I think balance is the key but understanding how to find the balance can be quite challenging.

Theres no handbook that i know of, that can give precise structure on how to change, and then again there probably is but the work is very difficult, and time seems to be a big issue for people as many have such busy lifestyles. Ultimately we all have emotions that adapt to our perception of our own thinking and beliefs and run with them.

There are many lies about ourselves and the world that affect us and sometimes bring out stressful situations because these are the patterns we have come to get used to. This past week has been a wake up call for me, you all have helped Inspire me as everyone i have ever met has in one way or another. If you ever see an emotion that is difficult to deal with like lets say stress, anxiety, anger, pride... Observing it and seeing what the thought you were think was exactly, there are many false truths we have created within us, when you begin to see them, and tell them i don't believe you, you begin to take control back.

Namaste

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 23rd 2012, 3:41 am

I very much get enthusiasm to start something, but very rarely stay with it, nor to see it to the end.

Yes my little smilie is to represent myself walking, if I dont have petrol in my car. lol!

sunmystic, you would have reached your 200th post eventually. Praise

Spirit-Being, yes that is a good observation " because these are the patterns we have become to get used to. " which only we can change, if we are willing and motivated.

Administrator
Administrator

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on February 23rd 2012, 8:09 am

Congrats on 200th post Sunmystic Namaste

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 23rd 2012, 11:04 am

Vanilla2 wrote:I very much get enthusiasm to start something, but very rarely stay with it, nor to see it to the end.

Yes my little smilie is to represent myself walking, if I dont have petrol in my car. lol!

sunmystic, you would have reached your 200th post eventually.

Spirit-Being, yes that is a good observation " because these are the patterns we have become to get used to. " which only we can change, if we are willing and motivated.

To the first line: Me too Smile

To the second line: There are times when procrastination is non functional because of the results of procrastinating. A truly gifted procrastinator knows "exactly" "precisely" when they can procrastinate and when they can't Smile they have finely tuned senses to the results of procrastination so that they can walk the extreme edge of the results of procrastination. And just for the record, I am a truly gifted procrastinator Smile

To the third line: I am from the "Now" generation and a moment of happiness should not be procrastinated on Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 23rd 2012, 11:10 am

Spirit-Being wrote:Congrats on 200th post Sunmystic

Thank you very much Spirit-being! Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laura ann on April 3rd 2012, 6:14 pm

Procarastination makes me scream rflho
My line is more "Get off the fence "
it is a yes or no answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Now granted I am famous for making the decision then seeing years later it was the wrong one to make.. BUT
oh they sure seemed the right one at the time......
and honestly now seem to feign just simply ignorance.. ignore it and maybe just maybe the issue will go away.... sadly i usually end up eating that crow as well.....and deeper in doo dooo because I ignored it ....not the same as procrastinating..
procrastinating requires giving it some though lol lol
one either buries up or develops a sense of humour
laura ann

Number of posts : 739
Appreciation Points : 999
Registration date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mia on April 3rd 2012, 6:32 pm

I am not a no person.
Nor do I procrastinate.
I have learnt to think before I agree to something.
If I can, I say so.
If I cannot, I say so.
Sometimes though, one has to put another first and say yes, whether one wants to or not.

Have I answered the topic???

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down