How to tame wild emotions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to tame wild emotions?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 21st 2012, 12:00 pm

Yesterday i was doing my best to stay in the moment, every time my mind would wander i would look at something in my room drawing my attention to many different things so i could learn to be more self disciplined in my mind. My mind loves to wander, its easy it doesn't take any strength or discipline. Think of this as a leaking cup the water (emotions) pour out freely nothing can stop it except something that could patch the cup to stop them from going everywhere. Free flowing emotions are not bad, from my experience it's only when they control what you think and how you think.

These past few days ive noticed that i have very unhealthy emotion habits if you will. Fear is a big one, as a child there were people in my life that thought joking around was making fun of people, and i was one of the victims this affected my life and i never knew how to pull myself out of it, so i kept giving in to fear, it now had control. Emotions love to be free flowing even when they have views to feed off of. So the view was that im not good enough and fear was the driver, ultimately in the end it was my decision whether to give into the fear or not.

But when you start seeing the emotions for what they are you begin to see when it surfaces and what its trying to make you believe from past hurts. Emotions are wonderful even fear is good at times, fear can warn of danger, but give it a platform where it can control and it will. If you find yourself angry, jelous, prideful, doubting, worrying, fearful, lustful, and angry quite often then take control and start observing those emotions and you will come to find out many lies that are created throughout your life. Self Discovery is a wonderful thing but it takes hard work.

Knit

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Re: How to tame wild emotions?

Post by Spirit-Being on February 21st 2012, 1:28 pm

Pride seems to be one of the sneakiest emotions, it disguises itself very well among the thoughts, as anger is very easy to spot, pride is sneaky. Pride can easily turn into anger, as i have discovered so far. Today i saw myself thinking that my concepts were really good and started to become overconfident, then my thought shifted to "i have it all figured out". And this is the lie, as it creates the thinking that im better than... and so on... and that is not true. I know i will be adding more about Pride as i learn and observe it. But beware it is very sneaky and it is some of the causes to my anger. I have also realized that when i catch these emotions before they give birth to others i have been less angry inside. Im more at peace and this is Awesome. : )

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 21st 2012, 3:02 pm

Based on my experience with stuff, once invalid fear was brought under control (some fears are valid), and emotion was brought under control, the next challenge was "boredom". Because I didn't replace old mind habits with new mind habits, I was left with I don't want to do anything.
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 on February 22nd 2012, 4:15 am

Quoting: " And this is the lie. "
There is a slight difference to lying to yourself and deceiving yourself.
Vanilla2
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on February 22nd 2012, 9:30 am

Vanilla2 wrote:
Quoting: " And this is the lie. "
There is a slight difference to lying to yourself and deceiving yourself.

vanilla!

"Take pride in what you do." "Pride goes before a fall." There is good pride and false pride. False pride is based on Lying/deceiving yourself which eventually leads to a fall. Good pride is honesty with yourself for a task well done. I love what you posted Vanilla Smile if a person thinks that there is a difference between lying to them self and deceiving them self, then they are deceiving themselves. Contemplating what you posted is a mind twister. I love mind twisters, they are always so fruitful. Smile
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 29th 2013, 7:51 am

Spirit-Being wrote:

Self Discovery is a wonderful thing .

:
Provided there is a self to discover.
Perhaps that is why there is something rather than nothing.
Some thing is an answer to a question posed by no thing

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on May 29th 2013, 9:52 am

Smile !
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male