Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Get Motivated.....

+2
SpiritedNat
Vanilla2
6 posters

Go down

How to Get Motivated..... Empty How to Get Motivated.....

Post by Vanilla2 October 15th 2011, 5:35 am

Motivation and How to Get Motivated. by Remez Sasson

Motivation has become a popular word nowadays. There are motivational coaches and speakers, and motivational books and articles. What is it actually, and why do you need it?

Motivation is a driving force. In order to accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing will happen. A wish is not strong enough to make you take action. A wish is a weak desire. Only a strong desire can drive forward, to act and accomplish aims and goals.

In order to get motivated, you need to know exactly what it is that you want, to possess a strong desire, and to be willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal.

More than often there is lack of motivation or only a short-lived one. How many times have you started enthusiastically a weight loss program, began a bodybuilding or aerobics training program or started to learn a foreign language, only to stop after a short while? Few people possess enough willpower and self-discipline to go through to the end with what they begin.

It easier to show motivation in connection with a subject that is dear to you. If you desire something, but you don't feel motivated enough to act, this means that the desire is not important enough. To be motivated to take action and do something in respect to your desire, you need to possess a really strong desire.

Motivation has much to do with the emotions and the imagination, which means that if you want to increase it, you have to work on your feelings and imagination.

Tips to increase your motivation:

1. Think, meditate and find out whether you really want to achieve your desire, and whether it is worth the effort and time.

2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help.

3. Think often about your goal or desire.

4. Visualize your goal as already accomplished, and close your mind to contrary thoughts.

5. Read books or articles about the subject of your goal.

6. Read about people who have achieved success.

7. Think often about the benefits you will gain by achieving your goal.

8. Visualize, and think about how you would feel after achieving your goal.

9. Repeat positive affirmations such as: "I have the desire and inner strength to achieve my goal". Repeat this affirmation often, with faith and strong feelings.

10. Start with doing something small concerning your goal. Success in small matters leads to greater success.

Motivation is the powerful engine that moves you towards success and accomplishments in every area.

Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

How to Get Motivated..... Empty Re: How to Get Motivated.....

Post by SpiritedNat October 15th 2011, 6:06 am

Thank you again Vanilla,

Remez Sasson- male author? I shall have to delve into more of their work, pressumably they are a self help author?
SpiritedNat
SpiritedNat

Female
Number of posts : 10
Tell us about yourself : Artist, Spiritual Healer
Appreciation Points : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 October 15th 2011, 6:21 am

I had never heard of him until today, but I've found, he does have several books out on these very subjects.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma October 15th 2011, 6:24 pm

Good Post
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda October 24th 2011, 4:54 pm

Good Post Vanilla2, thank you bunches (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic November 8th 2011, 7:20 pm

Activity is the life of a message board. Hot topics no matter how they go creates viewer interest (with the understanding that order with a bit of creativity is the most functional).

And properly composed topic headings and their OP shows up on the search engines, which are an access to the world and world interest. We love those bots Smile

Last edited by sunmystic on November 8th 2011, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic November 8th 2011, 7:22 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:Motivation and How to Get Motivated. by Remez Sasson

Motivation has become a popular word nowadays. There are motivational coaches and speakers, and motivational books and articles. What is it actually, and why do you need it?

Motivation is a driving force. In order to accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing will happen. A wish is not strong enough to make you take action. A wish is a weak desire. Only a strong desire can drive forward, to act and accomplish aims and goals.

In order to get motivated, you need to know exactly what it is that you want, to possess a strong desire, "and to be willing to do whatever it takes" (the quoted statement is a bit over the top for a cookie Smile in a compassionate world (sunmystic's input)), to accomplish your goal.

Smile just something?
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 November 9th 2011, 11:24 am

I'm still trying to fathom out why is it that some days we feel more motivated than others. Is it the weather? is it to do with the foods we ate the day before, giving us the right fuel?. I personally have these days that I want to get organised and have a good clear out of clothes, cupboards or drawers. Is has to be psychological, something thats churning through our mind. For me having a clear out impacts a great feel good factor, once accomplished.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic November 9th 2011, 12:45 pm

Vanilla2 wrote:I'm still trying to fathom out why is it that some days we feel more motivated than others. Is it the weather? is it to do with the foods we ate the day before, giving us the right fuel?. I personally have these days that I want to get organised and have a good clear out of clothes, cupboards or drawers. Is has to be psychological, something thats churning through our mind. For me having a clear out impacts a great feel good factor, once accomplished.

Based on my experience it mostly has to do with habit patterns. And establishing new habit patterns is shall we say generally difficult. It can also be diet and life stresses or personality programming that one picked up as a child. My motivation problems seem to be related to all of those things Smile . Back in my younger days I did things because I had to do them, now that I am older and don't have to do things I don't do them and the things that sort of need to be done just pile up around me until life says that they have to be solved. At that point I get er done and like you I really feel better about it.

Psychological? It seems that if a person is intelligent and a bit creative that exploring one's own psychological programming just goes around in circles and one's mind plays a better game than they do. I use to be angry all the time so one day I just decided that I was not going to be that way anymore, my mind shut down the whole left side of my body. It turned out that somewhere in my subconscious mind that I carried an extreme fear of "happiness". So I had to approach things a bit differently. Based on my experience Vanilla messing with one's own psychological programming can be a minefield and gentle change is best. Motivation? Just get up and do it whether you want to do it or not and if one does it enough it will eventually get easier.
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots November 20th 2011, 4:00 pm

I have too much on my plate
I am stressed about stuff
Others negativity is wieghing me down

those are some the presummed
reasons I'm not motivated...

My mind plans
but my body does something else.......LOL

HELP!
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum