Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bathtub

4 posters

Go down

The Bathtub Empty The Bathtub

Post by Spirit-Being September 3rd 2011, 11:05 pm

Found this post on another site and wanted to share this with you see what you thought.

'I recently visited a mental asylumn and I asked the director, "How do you know when a person needs to be institutionalized?"
He said, "Well, we fill a bathtub with water and we offer them a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket and ask them to empty the tub."
I said, "I see...a normal person would choose the bucket because it is bigger."
He responded, "No. A normal person would pull the plug...would you like a bed by the window?'

~Many Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Bathtub Empty Re: The Bathtub

Post by peaceandkarma September 4th 2011, 6:16 pm

The Bathtub 30964 Excellent
peaceandkarma
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 4th 2011, 10:30 pm

LOL......The Bathtub 193808
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 5th 2011, 10:00 am

I would use the Bucket unless they specifically said i could pull the plug as an option. Tea Time

~Many Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 5th 2011, 10:34 am

Very good, very witty, very clever. Clap
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being September 5th 2011, 11:23 am

Although one thing that i didn't understand as i read and posted this, was when they said Normal person, i realize its just another label. What actually defines a Normal person in Society. Is there even such a distinction? Some would most likely call me crazy, as i have heard voices from the other side, from Spirits, Spirit Guides, God, not with my ears but impressions in the mind. I have even got answers to questions that i had, does that mean im crazy? well maybe to some, but some would understand. Some would lean to the idea that i was not Normal. Being Sensitive & Open isn't easy at times, but at times its very wonderful. If you can overlook the labels they use in the above post, its just meant to be funny. According to my answer, and the post, shows i have some Patience, rather than using my Intellect lol

~Many Blessings~
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla2 September 5th 2011, 11:56 am

A very good question Spirit-being, I can only assume being normal means you are one of the majority in society rather than one of the minority, as in 60% rather than the other 40% of the population
But saying that, if you follow this next statement, what is normal in one place, country, is ab-normal in another.

I've just seen a posting of an example, quote: "For example, an Eskimo may be “normal” at home, but would probably be looked as abnormal in any other part of the world."
Same can be said of customs, what is accepted as normal in ones own country would certainly be frowned on perhaps, here in the UK or your homes in the US. This subject realy is food for thought, and I'm sure other of our members could also shed some light on this subject, and maybe we will all arrive at the same conclusion in the end.
But I guess we are mainly refering to ones behaviour, actions and frame of mind.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content