Reconnecting With Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reconnecting With Love

Post by mia on August 7th 2011, 4:37 am

Reconnecting with Love
by Owen Waters

With the ups and downs of life, there can be times when your connection to a universe of love seems distant. The opposite of love is fear and it appears in many forms. All negative emotions including guilt and anger are expressions of fear and they can flourish in the absence of love.

Fortunately, fear has a simple antidote. Love dissolves fear, so you need to know how to bring its feeling back when it has temporarily gone away.

Gratitude is one type of expression of love which has enormous power. Gratitude is invoked when you mentally send love to those whom you appreciate. It becomes especially powerful when you send your gratitude to your concept of God the Creator for all the good things in your life and for life itself, because God will reciprocate with uplifting energies. That one step you take towards God really does bring a reaction of two steps towards you.

Gratitude takes you right out of your personal sphere of consciousness and into an expanded view of the universe.

In this way, it raises you far above the petty fears that still try to haunt people in the everyday world. Gratitude is one of the most beautiful secrets in spiritual life. It is an expression of love, and love flows through all forms of manifestation. Without love, life in the universe cannot exist. Love is the universal force of preservation which holds Creation in manifestation.

When you allow your heart to open to the universe’s flow of love, gratitude comes with that flow. Gratitude for being alive, for just existing, for just being in the flow of the adventure of life. Gratitude for the Sun that gives us life. Gratitude for the Creation of the Earth as our home in this great cosmos. Gratitude for the people that you love, and for those who share your journey through life.

Gratitude flows unimpeded from an open heart. When you allow it, gratitude will flow as freely as the sunshine, unobstructed by judgments or conditions.

Use the following affirmation and see what happens. Keep repeating it and, each time, think more about what the words mean.

The Gratitude Affirmation adds new meaning to the term, quality of life. It really works! Try it now.

Gratitude Affirmation

I am grateful for life
And all that I love
I am grateful for the Earth
And the Sun up above
I am grateful for my spirit
And my inner being
For the One that I express
And the joy of this feeling

When you awaken each day, even before you get out of bed, think of ten things for which you are grateful. Finish your reflections with the Gratitude Affirmation and, each day, you'll feel inspired to have the best day ever!

This was an excerpt from Owen Waters' Indie award-winning book, Spirituality Made Simple, which is available both as a paperback and a downloadable e-book, at:

http://www.infinitebeing.com/ebooks/simple.htm

mia
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 977
Hobbies : Gardening, Driving,card crafting
Tell us about yourself : See my intro
Appreciation Points : 1355
Registration date : 2009-05-16

View user profile http://miasjourney.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Reconnecting With Love

Post by Vanilla2 on August 7th 2011, 9:51 am

Mia, so many things we could just take for granted, yet shouldnt.

Water, yet without water we cannot quench our thirst and will die, nor grow crops to eat.

Sun, without sun, we have no heat. It also supplies us with vitamin D.

Trees, though many may not realise, provides us with clean air. Yet daily, trees are chopped down to make way for new buildings, why?

Everything has a purpose, but sometimes we go around oblivious to our surroundings. We humans tend to lead busy lives, we dont look around at our surroundings, we should take time.
Many humans dont even care where our electricity, tap water, etc comes from, just so long as the switch works, the tap works, but we are the first to complain when things go wrong, when things stop working.
When the weather is bad, lightening strikes, and causes power failures, we are quick to have something to say, no power, but slow to apreciate the beauty of the sky in its daily performance. Whether it be rain, sunshine, thunder or snow, yet there is beauty in everything, we just have to make time and look. After all God gave us a pair of eyes to see with, two ears to hear with and a voice to tell the world how thankful and gratefull we are.

Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peaceandkarma on August 7th 2011, 6:39 pm

All you need is Love Good Post
peaceandkarma

Male
Number of posts : 104
Tell us about yourself : I'm interested in all things New Age and Spiritualism
Appreciation Points : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-24

View user profile http://www.alittlepeaceandkarma.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jupiter-rising on November 27th 2011, 12:39 pm

mia wrote:Gratitude Affirmation

I am grateful for life
And all that I love
I am grateful for the Earth
And the Sun up above
I am grateful for my spirit
And my inner being
For the One that I express
And the joy of this feeling

When you awaken each day, even before you get out of bed, think of ten things for which you are grateful. Finish your reflections with the Gratitude Affirmation and, each day, you'll feel inspired to have the best day ever!

great post and thank you for the link provided, mia.

The natural world, in all of its splendor, is a method I use to achieve this feeling of gratitude. I really do feel as if it is, as stated above in the original post, "one of the most beautiful secrets in spiritual life" – because the notion of feeling grateful is so simple, so many people, who are overwhelmed by the complexities of human society and its pitfalls therein, overlook the basic ability of basking in sunlight.

There is a giant, excruciatingly hot ball of hydrogen and helium fusing together in the center of our solar system. We have been lucky enough to be just the right distance from this star, we have been blessed to reside on a planet that has an atmosphere designed so perfectly, that not only are we not set aflame by said star, we are able to live, able to thrive.And I suppose I mean "we" as in "all biological organisms residing on Earth."

And it doesn't even need to involve the existence of a Creator if you do not wish it to – to each their own. Even if this is all just an expression of an infinite Universe experiencing an infinite number of realities, we have been blessed to live upon planet Earth. With all of this Universe's mathematical improbabilities.. if the Universe is infinite, something was going to hit the jackpot eventually, even if it is random ordering. And we totally did. With gravity at such a precise amount that our bodies are not crushed, nor float out into oblivion. With the air we breathe, a perfect mixture of oxygen, nitrogen and trace elements necessary for life. The Earth is tilted just so, so we are allowed to witness the experience of seasonal change. Sunlight to provide us with the energy needed to power the incredible biological processes that set everything into motion.. and how.

It is just totally wonderful, to me.

The process of seasons is another aspect I am purely grateful for. We are closing upon the end of the year now, winter in the northern hemisphere currently, and it is a good time to reflect on events that have unfolded for us. It is a good time to take stock of the present situation and what has brought us here. Those of us who are lucky enough to experience the silence, the stillness of snowfall in the darkness of a cold winter's night, can resonate with this experience, and place our minds into this dark, still, quiet place. It is a dormant, peaceful scene, where we are allowed to rest for a time. We are allowed to contemplate, to accept things that have happened to us, to muse, to wonder, to conclude this year in peaceful fashion, knowing the only constant is change, and change we will, for spring is inevitable, and with that, the process of life renews itself once more, to rise up from the rich soil of what came before, to seize this moment, bask in its glory, heads held high, towards the light, towards a balanced frame of mind, towards a brighter future, for this whole Earth works together, and we are blessed in every moment to be a part of this divine process.

jupiter-rising

Female
Number of posts : 10
Appreciation Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on November 27th 2011, 12:45 pm

I think I'm going to
make a point of making
a gratitude-bucket soon