Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Words of Wisdom from Master Hua

2 posters

Go down

Words of Wisdom from Master Hua Empty Words of Wisdom from Master Hua

Post by Skull September 30th 2010, 12:39 am

Hsuan Hua bodhisattva was a great Buddhist Master who left his flesh body behind in 1995. Here are some of his teachings:

The ancients said, "The Superior One molds his own destiny." An upright person endowed with Way Virtue is capable of modifying his destiny and transcending fate. Why are there unpropitious happenings? It is because there is unpropitiousness in our minds which plants evil causes resulting in evil retributions. If we can rectify our wrongs and conform to wholesomeness, we will be able to draw close to auspiciousness and avoid ill omens.
Skull
Skull

Male
Number of posts : 8
Appreciation Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom from Master Hua Empty Re: Words of Wisdom from Master Hua

Post by Skull September 30th 2010, 11:52 pm

Amitabha Buddha, whose name means Boundless Light, has many affinities to the humans of our world. Contemplation of his name or form is a good way to increase virtue and speed our way to Buddhahood.

Here is a short article on Buddha Contemplation:

http://cttbusa.org/dharmatalks/mindfulness.htm
Skull
Skull

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being October 1st 2010, 4:04 pm

Thanks so much for posting the Article i've read it and feel it was extremely helpful. All positive things i read help me to become more Spiritual & Positive.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Words of Wisdom from Master Hua Empty In Praise of the Shurangama Mantra

Post by Skull October 7th 2010, 1:43 pm

The Shurangama Sutra is one of the most powerful and valuable teachings of Buddha. Within that text is a long mantra which is a great blessing and help to all who use it while trying to reduce our vices and increase our virtues on the path of Bodhi. Here is Master Hua talking about its greatness:

http://cttbusa.org/dharmatalks/shurangamamantra.asp
Skull
Skull

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being October 7th 2010, 5:57 pm

Very Helpful Skull Hugs

As i read on the site, i found myself going through many, different thoughts. Like is this meant to, discieve you Michael, or your doing just fine Michael. But in all Honesty, i am not just fine, i realized it was something to persuade me not to read further. I felt nothing but Goodness, coming from this Reading, but something inside me tried to convince me that it was not. I continued to read & read and found so much Wisdom, in the words, did i understand everything? No but i did catch alot of Great Spiritual Insights. I Love experiencing things, and i would very much Like to practice this Mantra, I know it will change my Life, i can feel it.

Many Blessings

Last edited by Spirit-Being on October 11th 2010, 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull October 7th 2010, 7:05 pm

Michael,

Since it is so long a mantra it may take months to memorize it. Here is one way to start; Youtube has a series which displays the transliterated verses with the pronunciation on the audio. Do not fuss too much about the exact pronunciation (assuming you are not Chinese). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sUU9rXHAVE

I will also post the entire text of the mantra. It also exists in Sanskrit in a couple of versions, but the Chinese has been most used over the last 1500 years or so. Also forget about the meaning of each line. The general meaning is one is invoking the good forces of the Universe, buddhas, bodhisattvas, gods, spirits etc. to bless & help all beings.

There is also what is called the Heart of the mantra; a much shorter few verses that can be used as one memorizes the entire one.

This book has several introductory remarks on the Shurangama Mantra by Master Hua, plus stories by practitioners of the mantra. It is very inspiring.

http://www.bttsonline.org/product.aspx?pid=250

Here is the heart of mantra, in Chinese or Sanskrit - again do not worry about exact pronunciation, just do the best you can.

The last 11 lines of the mantra are called the Heart of it and these lines are very powerful.

Quote:
dwo jr two
nan
e na li
pi she ti
pi la
ba she la
two li
pan two pan two ni
ba she la bang ni pan
hu syin du lu yung pan
swo pe he.

Or in romanized Sanskrit:

TADYATHA OM
ANALE ANALE
VISADA VISADA
BANDHA BANDHA
BANDHANI BANDHANI
VAIRA VAJRAPANI PHAT
HUM BHRUM PHAT SVAHA
Skull
Skull

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being October 11th 2010, 5:18 pm

Thank You skull

I've listened to the Mantra on You Tube, its quite Long as you mentioned, but i stayed with it and continued to Listen. I found myself focusing on the words in the Mantra, trying to absorb them into the mind. After i finished watching the Video, i started to recite:

Skull wrote:the Heart of it

dwo jr two
nan
e na li
pi she ti
pi la
ba she la
two li
pan two pan two ni
ba she la bang ni pan
hu syin du lu yung pan
swo pe he.

As i did my parrot began looking above my head, as if he saw something, and i felt something good around me. I have save both links and hope to continue this practice, and see where it leads me next.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull October 11th 2010, 6:34 pm

As I wrote above, the Shurangama Mantra is "great blessing and help to all who use it while trying to reduce our vices and increase our virtues on the path of Bodhi."

That means one must try to become a less selfish, more altruistic person, since the mantra is designed to help those on the path to bodhisattvahood and eventually buddhahood. To use it without making any effort toward becoming a selfless, helpful person will result in no benefit for oneself.
Skull
Skull

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down