View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bringing the Meditative state into waking consciousness

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 2nd 2010, 11:47 am

"Stop thinking.....
for just this moment....
Stop thinking......"
This creates inner space and peace of mind

"I do not know, show me!...."
This creates receptivity for something greater.

"I let go and let be......"
This creates an inner atmosphere of 'Acceptance' and dissipates Fear.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
This aligns you with your own Highest potential.

"Pay Attention"
This helps the intellect see the greater wisdom through observing the changes which occur because you decided to change your thoughts.
Sparrowhawk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Star gazing, nature hikes, finding secret spots
Tell us about yourself : I am...............what else is there?
Appreciation Points : 167
Registration date : 2010-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bringing the Meditative state into waking consciousness

Post by sweet green ginger on September 3rd 2010, 6:42 pm

I now see the connection,

...as the lamb taketh away the sins of the world,

we are unborn to sins,

and returned to the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls.

"His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to our sins, should live unto righteousness."

[obtained from a random website (www.asermon.com) after an initial prompt, '...and as the lamb takes away the sins of the world...

'A parody of virtues,
no one so discovers
as much as one who unwinds
the fabric of deceit
to open his eyes
until he truly sees
that he is free of mankind's ills
- there is no deviance from this truth
save for two or three
and this is only too by the bested father
the maker of the evil itself
to save us from extinction.

If we worry on such things we will prove
our life has no meaning
If we accept that no one crosses unless it is best
then we can undo all evil wrong doing
and we can clean our slate
so that others may rest on the cool slab
of our diligent observances."

But see now, I as sweet green ginger have many questions about these ideas.
All I can obtain to this miasma of questions is what would translate to a shrug!

sweet green ginger

Female
Number of posts : 61
Hobbies : symbols
Tell us about yourself : Plain at heart
Appreciation Points : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 5th 2010, 8:26 am

"A Course In Miracles" retrains the consciousness and helps pave a new road. An inner road which shreds our illusions.

Yes, many questions can only translate to a shrug~

Intellect has a boundary and it cannot cross from illusion to Being. This is why all the wisdom of the world is not sufficient to bringing inner freedom.

What you "are" can cross, but what "you think you are" cannot!

Lesson 248 ~ Whatever suffers is not part of me.
Posted by johnc in Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles on 5 September 2010 | no responses

I have disowned the truth. Now let me be as faithful in disowning falsity. Whatever suffers is not part of me. What grieves is not myself. What is in pain is but illusion in my mind. What dies was never living in reality, and did but mock the truth about myself. Now I disown self-concepts and deceits and lies about the holy Son of God. Now am I ready to accept him back as God created him, and as he is.

Father, my ancient love for You returns, and lets me love Your Son again as well. Father, I am as You created me. Now is Your Love remembered, and my own. Now do I understand that they are one.
Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger on September 5th 2010, 10:40 am

I must admit I have trouble with some terms like 'Father' and 'Son' in spiritual concepts.

In wondering on these terms I'm thinking that 'Father' is like a river that washes across in a great expanse, it has no banks and it runs through some of our chakras and kind of horizontally. We are connected to one another through the 'Father'. It also has a separate dimensional quality whereby it is like an exoskeleton going over some of our scalp, sitting around our shoulders and the side of our neck and running like a shaped shield down our back.

I have never thought about this before and I am wondering about these qualities of the 'Father'. For instance why do we have this shaped protection, and why are we linked through some other body points in a wash of connection to other things.

I'm thinking the answer is about belonging to a type of something and that there are other somethings that sort of would naturally like to take over us and change us into nothing that is like us, and this is how things evolve. There is a mystery behind evolution and its not all about adaption. Perhaps they are something akin to totem Spirit sort of races.

And the 'Son', what is this son business. The Son is like an ideal prototype, and its nothing like I thought the qualities of the Son would be. The Son is very distant, generally, from us, and we only have a little piece of it within our genetic makeup.

The Father is jealous of the Son yet the Son has no 'mind' and no conscious activity. The Son is like a seed and its accessibility is only through some kind of replication and relay. The Son is like a clone. The 'Father' is jealous and overly proud of the 'Son' because the 'Son' has more creative power.

When I think of other things like the Holy Ghost I get a sensation of a freight train ghosty force sensation that sought of raspy roars quickly through my temples and some of my brain areas. It sort of arrives in an instant and it feels like it electrifies certain mind/thinking type stuff. It is not about intuition, it is about rational perception - and true sight.

I don't understand the significance of the Christ and its relation to the Son. I am thinking that the Christ is a creation of man. Its relation to the Son is nothing.

I am wondering about the Jesus stuff, and the cross. There is a literal version of a regular man who was just like any of us - except he was fatally flawed to give an account to a Jesuit priest. Fatally flawed in so much as it was like a destiny. Jesuit priest in so much as there were Jesuit or Yahshua priests before the renowned crucifixion. Who we know as Jesus, was a very cranky man that was type cast from birth as a Saviour. But the irony is that he was still important. And although he was pretentious, at cross-fire with his in laws and extended family members and generally fed up with everyone - (now he does really sound like Monty Python's Brian) - he was inexplicably a very close phenotype of 'Son' material. But there were others with similar roles.....

"Whatever suffers is not part of me." This seems to be true. But how do we practically understand this and operate accordingly in our lives. An example, and it seems it will be yet again Pinocchio at the fair, as I have found on another occasion. All of what seems like bad choices, things to be ashamed of, mispent youth, depravity etc, etc, is that we are carrying the sins of the father (as in our predecessors time immemorial). Generally, we carry the burden of being man - man's inherent nature.

What we don't realize, or realize enough is that we can do that atonement thing. How we do it is to have total care-less-ness for the road before us. That sell all your stuff and follow me is pretty much it. But I think well no, people have responsibilities, and what about caring for others who are suffering, and what about terrible events that make us feel like we are suffering.

And in this there is a mystery, and you can't live it unless it has somehow enveloped you. And I am thinking it has to do with the concept of Grace which is sort of like a watershed. I also think you reach it by sort of petitions made on your behalf - so weird. The petitions are made by ancestors and people we have honoured, cared for, and for who we have generally improved their 'environment'. So yeah, I guess this is where the right choices, thought, action sort of stuff kicks in. Basically its about accumulating what I term as brownie points.

And the way it is noted and monitored is both simple and complex. Simple in terms of mind memories, complex in terms of how things are sifted by some process.

Now I am wondering again about why bother, and what is the purpose of trying to achieve this state of Grace type of status other than we get that atonement sort of thing happening. But I guess this is already a pretty long post - and maybe it is seems a silly and presumptious spiel.

sweet green ginger

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 5th 2010, 4:55 pm

"Terms/words" do not matter. Jesus used the terms of His time so he would be thrown into a loony bin.

Father= Big Energy Field
Son= The Little Pieces of that Energy Field

More or less......

Christ= the Mind of that total field

Atonement= At-One-Ment , Realization of the Unity of all things. It is an experience which Duality needs to go through in order to return to ONE.
Reflect upon the symbol of the Tao.

Reactivity to Truth is an Ego defense mechanism. It will scream bloody murder as you search for Truth. Most turn back because of the fear they do not want to face. Those who do not turn back from the fear and keep going no matter how difficult it becomes....
Those very few, yet growing numbers, find Inner Freedom and know it was worth the effort.

Enlightenment is like hell to get too, yet it is only so because of a falseness which is clung too. Yet once attained it is the easiest thing in the world to live.

Words will always make it difficult to understand, they are dualistic in nature and mean different things to different people. This is why many cultures simply remain silent and reflect upon symbols. Symbols speak to the soul and great insights can be reached by reflecting upon them in meditation.

"When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means works in the wrong way. When the right man uses the wrong means, the wrong means works in the right way."
-I Ching

Knowledge is not sufficient to open the inner doors of true perception.
Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger on September 5th 2010, 7:56 pm

I agree with you, and I think you have great insight, Sparrowhawk.

I am inclined to disagreeance, however about Mind. Mind is of the 'Father', the way of thought refinement or similar is what we term Christ.

I strongly agree with your reasoning about words and symbols. Most things can not be linearly accounted for or defined by words. I dearly love symbols. Symbols can make us conversant with the events of the unconscious and the Mind.

Consciousness involves a process of discrimination and education. We have a lot of base desires and responses and they are not alien to us as we would like to believe. Enlightened consciousness, I think may be about awareness and contemplation, acceptance and space.

Knowledge is not sufficient, I agree, however some knowledge acts as keys to widened realization but it must be falling on that fertile ground idea so to speak.

The only problem that I can sense with the Tao is its inherentness maintains separateness, a nice separateness. Tao is not the redeemer, I'm thinking. Tao maintains spiritual superiority but not reconciliation.
sweet green ginger

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger on September 5th 2010, 9:01 pm

Base desires and responses are imperative and not to be shunned. They are to be 'eaten' by us to make way for the desire that opens up a primal scream which is essentially a duality. The duality wants us to be heard and has ego, but at the same time wants us to be anonymous and able to work out our ambitions and inclinations unnoticed.

Generally, many of us want earth, territory, shelter and access to resources in this primal scream.

We also want to pull the heavens down into us so that we can start again over and over. This I think is the desire to have control over life and death and to remain a constant in the earth terra-scape.

The spiritualness is pretty much going to kill that primal scream except there will pervade an I-ness. And the I will not cast power over anything else, and will apply itself to its tasks. It will also extinguish or diminish according to divine will.

The purpose of knowing true humility is to then take us to another state of Being. The reason why we are to try to do this is because the human species will eventually not exist and in its final eons the interaction will be generally poor to what we think of as good living amongst fellows, save for pockets here and there.

The reason why we are on this big cycle, well sort of a time going backwards cycle, is that somewhere along the line some somethings thought they could go it alone and do things differently and they haven't been that successful and there has been sacrifices and casualties.

But apparently, even this semi-reality existence is only a facet of a vastly creative source that re-configures constantly, like a crystal matrix kaleidoscope. The irony again is that although seemingly unsuccessful - the type of meaning in our existence is part of a larger relationship that allows for creativity as a parent allows a child to explore its own nature and sense of things through discovery.

The 'father' is like one of a few 'lords' of the crystal type source. One of three of four lords. The reason why it is three of four depends on whether you count one of the lords as one or two.

The best way for a person to proceed is to develop humility and not try to have power over someone. In this we have to develop patience, and diminish attachment to outcomes. We act according to what we think is kind of the best we think we should do - and we have to understand that sometimes this will not turn out well - because we need to see through awareness and kind of split our faculties to increase receptivity in order to discover for ourselves the enlightened repose. And ironically again, that which doesn't turn out well is generally not 'lost' it will be returned to us in some fashion so that we might again apply our new found awareness - and so the process goes on. Because it is returned, we over time can diminish our attachment through realizing it has nothing to do with us and has only been a creation.

And the problem at this point of the thinking for many is despondency. What's the point then. And they are right and they are wrong. There is no point in their current situation/ orientation towards their tasks. When they stumble upon there being a point, albeit not a ground breaking point, but essentially some kind of faith of point, then they have amended their situation to some degree. Further despondency, though is when they have amended and developed their 'sight', they will have put themselves into an arena of harder work, with even more on their plate to apply themselves to.

'No one comes by me, the Father-lord unless he know the Son.' All people can attune to the development of their 'father'-ness gradually or instantly and this is usually under the hand of fate. Fate is written in the stars.

We seek the Son through ritual. We have the small chip of Son within and it is like a small head that is connected to the greater world/water sheet/dew made lamination that can spin and shine and sort of give a wavy shimmer, but I don't know where that is. Heaven sounds kind of like a good title.

We seek the Son through ritual - which I have to admit I immediately rebel against. The kind of ritual is observance of particular heavenly occurrences and celebrations. Ideally this would be en masse but, and this is complicated, causal fire (the press of other world authorities) would have it that these are just what becomes utilised for power display, corruption, and acquirement. But that is Ok too. After all we don't have the complete account of everyone - we don't have divine mind. Everything is in a 'dance' of balance, creativity, and expression.

En masse acknowledgement of heavenly events and celebrations do not require community - it can be achieved in isolation from others.

Connection to community is important to spread the 'seed' inspiration of the Son and to allow for comprehension of the 'Father'. We are to do this zealously but through application to our own condition and hence by example. Preaching is pertinent only in so much as like minded people discussing similar subjects such as us.

Generally living within a framework of beatific works and gifts of creation will give hope to others.

And so I agree with you Sparrowhawk.
sweet green ginger

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots on September 29th 2010, 10:34 pm

Such eloquent words
what would happen if it was
kept simple.....

without so much explaination....

I see, LIFE couldn't be living without
doing something in the waking hours....

I ENJOYED Both of your knowledgeable minds
in this thread.....

I Love intellectual conversations because
they draw you into the whirlwind of Time past,
the now, and the future....

Yet LIFE is meant to be Simple
MAN complicates Living more and more....
Does that person really need Billions
to their name..... What a difference
if those Billions are really spread
among the workers of the company
and no one is better than another
yet all are a happy family....

Ideals, models, what a complicated Life
it is when looking at the bigger picture....

Keeping It Simple is better than
going crazy just because one can't
stand still...

....LOL

Good Job Praise ...LOL
d-knots
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 762
Appreciation Points : 803
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 29th 2010, 10:46 pm

It is simple.

It just "IS"

Getting to "simple" is the hard part!

When I died to this world I was in a very profound yet simple place, yet "place" is incorrect too. Words can not define it. Poets, artists, musicians, can only point to it, because no words can define it.

The "intellect" is of this world and has no purpose in the Eternal World. It is used here .......yes, because it belongs here. It will stay here after we are long gone.

I live simply because that is all there is.

I point to what "IS" but can not take one there. Each must find it not in the words .......but in themselves!

Then..........they will laugh at its remarkable simplicity and its great depth of Peace.

Not one will be left behind........

Not One.
Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet green ginger on September 30th 2010, 3:36 am

Thank you, Sparrowhawk, I enjoyed reading what you have written, very inspiring.

Thank you, d-knots, I see what you are saying. I guess for me, I wouldn't like to be confined by that idea of Eutopia but if it was how it was I guess I would have to live it.

I heard somewhere once that if all wealth and privelege were evened out things would still eventually stratify.

Happiness too, is contextual and essentially individual.

I do feel sorry for deprivation and trauma of any kind. I don't understand severe adversity. I wish it didn't exist.

I met a young man today who has been addicted to pot since he was around six years old and feels he has to keep up with his habit as the only means to reduce his alcohol consumption. When he drinks too much he is homicidal and according to him it doesn't matter too much who the recipient is.

I read statistics yesterday that pot use in children is up some huge percentage from some existing time not too long ago. The ages they were quoting for pot use in children were 1-19yr olds. A one year old inhaling pot smoke is depressing but the reality of some.

I read back on what I posted above and I don't even know if I agree with it today, haha - ah well.....

sweet green ginger

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 30th 2010, 6:52 am

No adversity .........No growth!

Out of adversity we seek our own inner Truth.

"News" portrays adversity as "victim consciousness". This is not to be little the suffering of others, I have great compassion for all in suffering, I was in it for 30+ years! Still, after we find, or rather, after something greater finds us, we begin to see it all as it is and not as anyone would have us see it.

I understand what you are seeing. You need to see it. I needed to see it. All need to see it.

There is an answer. It is found deep within. Choose to find it and you will find it. You need only say and then do "I am going to find this deep answer within and not one thing is going to stop me. As I stumble over and over, I will pick myself back up and continue until I have it...........until I AM IT."

That is the beginning, no matter what words are used, that is the beginning of every journey which leads to the same Eternal Life, you literally bring Heaven to your own Consciousness. The alternative is a descent into hellish consciousness........but that can work too, I was there for a long long time.

Today .......
Right Now!
Look for some guidance from the Divine Source and then see where it takes you.
Be receptive to whatever seems to come from it. Make no demands on "how" the request is answered. Do this as often as needed. You will make a direct connection and your answers will come.

Then one last thing...........
Spend the first 15 minutes of your day sitting quietly without "thinking". Some call it meditation, but that often makes us "think" to hard. Simply sit and be still. At first the body will fight, then the mind will resist it too. Train both by "sticking to it", much like one trains and disciplines a child. After 6 weeks much of the resistance will fall off, after 6 months you will notice a change in the way you feel. Your nerves will stop firing constantly, you will begin to enjoy Life to a greater and greater degree. This is traveling the "pathless path", it is an inner journey which will set you free to a degree you cannot possibly imagine.

Sounds simple.........
Ultimately it is simple......
The "resistance" will make it seem impossible! Smash right through the resistance and give yourself the Treasure of Simplicity.
Then all outer things will come into order as well.
Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on September 30th 2010, 6:56 am

http://www.naturemadesleep.net/stories/73

Vote for the bedtime story I wrote last night! You can vote once a day. I need a little help starting my writing career and sometimes all it takes is a little help from your friends. Smile

I usually don't ask......
The story should win or lose on its own merits.
Yet if not enough people vote it will not be looked at by the judges.

I just want to give it a chance.
Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zen moment

Post by zenty on October 29th 2010, 7:03 pm

I find having daily 'reminders' during times of stress help re-center oneself. If you can't stop your incisive mind and find a place of Love, then you are not really living life.
I like to go to youtube, find a 'Zen' video and let all negative thoughts leave my mind while focus and relax with that video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8O49KIgkpg
This is a video of a master of Zen at work. When you can't get into nature, this is the next best thing to meditate to. Enjoy! Meditate

Last edited by zenty on October 29th 2010, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
zenty

Number of posts : 1
Appreciation Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrowhawk on October 29th 2010, 7:26 pm

A Zen video is a great reminder!

Sparrowhawk

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit-Being on November 4th 2010, 2:07 pm

Very calming Video zenty

The thoughts that arose were how peaceful the heron is, enjoying the Beauty of the Moment.

Many Blessings

Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic on December 9th 2010, 5:18 pm

Sparrowhawk wrote:"Stop thinking.....
for just this moment....
Stop thinking......"
This creates inner space and peace of mind

"I do not know, show me!...."
This creates receptivity for something greater.

"I let go and let be......"
This creates an inner atmosphere of 'Acceptance' and dissipates Fear.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
This aligns you with your own Highest potential.

"Pay Attention"
This helps the intellect see the greater wisdom through observing the changes which occur because you decided to change your thoughts.

Practice Smile It works every time.

love,

sun
sunmystic
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04