I Saw A Man Holding A Sign........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Saw A Man Holding A Sign........

Post by Sparrowhawk on June 28th 2010, 10:56 am

I saw a man holding a sign....
I was about to turn and not pass him, I stopped; paused and then approached him. Time to do away with this outdated programmed beliefs of the homeless and of strangers. His sign said "Veteran Out of Work and Hungry and Broke"
"I have no money. " I said. I too have no work, backpain is stopping me from doing what I want. We talked and shared stories. He was trying to get home 500 miles south. He came here looking for work. He said if he could get enough to leave he was going today. I gave him a booklet I had in my pocket "50 ways to get help from God by Vernon Howard". He smiled and shook my hand. We said good-bye.......I walked on. I said "God Bless him" to myself and left.
Yet 10 minutes later I returned and we talked some more. A lady pulled up and gave him a twenty, he was abit shocked. "wow" he said. This is a good day afterall! Then another stopped to help, and another, and another. He said one more big bill and I can go home!! I said well then I will stay until you have it. 3 Minutes past and another $20 followed by another $1. He packed up his bag and headed for home. In 15 minutes he had what he needed to return home. I thought "what just happened????" the past 2 days I saw this man collect NOTHING! I stop just to cheer him up a little and he cheers me up and receives what he needed in 15 minutes! Just when you thought no-one cared 7 hearts open right in front of me.
Sparrowhawk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Star gazing, nature hikes, finding secret spots
Tell us about yourself : I am...............what else is there?
Appreciation Points : 167
Registration date : 2010-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I Saw A Man Holding A Sign........

Post by Spirit-Being on July 26th 2010, 1:19 pm

Truly Inspiring Loves

Goes to show you that when the walls are pulled down, people begin to see much clearer, whats right in front of them. I think it was great that you stopped for this man, and stayed with him until he got what he needed to go home.

Thanks Sparrowhawk

Many Blessings

Quantum Alchemy
Spirit-Being
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2276
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2686
Registration date : 2008-09-14

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/spiritsjourneyforum

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda on July 26th 2010, 1:48 pm

Wow! it all started with Hope (-:, thanks for sharing Sparrowhawk.
Linda
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum