Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought For The Day..

+8
mia
Sparrowhawk
Manchester
Spirit-Being
Vanilla2
d-knots
Linda
Elrick
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Thought For The Day..

Post by Vanilla2 April 2nd 2012, 9:14 am

Elrick thank you for " taking time " to post this inspiring message.
Vanilla2
Vanilla2
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Appreciation Points : 1613
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Inner Child Work

Post by Elrick May 20th 2012, 2:47 pm

Inner child work

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Inner-Child

The Inner Child that lives within each of us is our most powerful ally in the process of transformation. He or she is that part within our consciousness that cannot be contaminated by the conditioning and limited experiences that lead us to wear the masks that hide us from our true essence

It is wonderful and healing doing Inner Child work.

For us to be fully human, the Child Within must be embraced and expressed. Unless we connect with our Inner Child state in a safe setting, the Child Within will remain isolated and alone. Unless we reclaim our childlike feelings, sensitivity, wonderment and aliveness, our Inner Child will remain wounded. Unless we do this now, we will find it so difficult to feel whole and find a new joy and energy in living.

The source of our problems can be in past events which get triggered in the present. We’re made up of many parts and inside we still have the little child and adolescent we were with all its experiences and feelings. This can lead to this Inner Child / adolescent part of us reacting strongly to certain experiences and situations and the feelings we’re having in the present can be the feelings of this little child / adolescent from the past.

The Inner Child is the emotional self. It is where our feelings live. When we experience joy, sadness, anger, fear, or affection our Child Within is coming out. When we are being playful, spontaneous, creative, intuitive and surrendering to the spiritual self, our Genuine Authentic Self, who we know deep within us, our Real Self is being welcomed and encouraged to be present. We all have an inner child and the wounds our inner child received can and do continue to contaminate our adult lives. Our parents helped create this Inner Child part of us, society also helped with the creation. When this child self is not allowed to be heard or even acknowledged as being real, a false or co-dependent self emerges. We begin to live our lives as victims.

Then we have situations that arise in our lives which develop into unresolved emotional traumas. The gradual accumulation of unfinished mental and emotional business can lead to and fuel chronic anxiety, fear, confusion, emptiness and unhappiness through all of our life.

Besides the Inner Child / adolescent part, we have many other selves which are trying to be heard and take control, without us really hearing the voices until we make an effort to do so. Initially, it is very important to tame the Inner Critic part of us. That voice from the past often keeps beating up our Inner Child. This voice invades whatever trauma and pain there was in our childhood. The wise Nurturing Self part of us can learn to stand as a protector self for the Inner Child. It’s the job of the Nurturer to be loving and self-affirming. This part of us can also teach the Inner Critic a new job of support instead of beating the Child self up, and can love the Inner Critic so that the Inner Child self can relax and not have to work so hard.

This is often where the internal battle begins. The Inner Critic has been keeping the Inner Child muffled and secluded. Often, it is a case of transforming the Inner Critic to be a good internal parent, beginning to listen to the Inner Child and to allow it to have fun and be heard.

Denial of the Inner Child and the co-dependent self are particularly common among children and adults who grew up in troubled or dysfunctional families. This is where chronic physical mental illness, rigidity, frigidity or lack of nurturing is common. Yet, there is a way out. There is a way to discover and to heal our Inner Child / adolescent part and to break free of the bondage and suffering of our co-dependent or false self.

This is called self-nurturing or re-parenting which allows us to reclaim that wounded child. We can provide for ourselves all the love and support and positive regard we never had and grow up again.

It is not the past as such that effects us – it is our images of it. By re-parenting or reclaiming that wounded child, we uncover any conscious or unconscious mythology of ourselves and begin to re-evaluate and transform it. Linear time does not apply when we work internally and with the unconscious. It is possible to bring our present wise and loving self, to meet and help our young Inner Child and offer comfort and support and find a new joy and energy in living. In the words of Robert Hoffman "it is never too late to have a happy childhood".

~*~

Be Well

Elrick

Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 120
Appreciation Points : 197
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots May 23rd 2012, 11:04 am

Sweet pic!
they grow so fast
yet live for a hundred years
Going Forward!

E,
Is there a difference between being a childish adult
and being an InnerChild-Adult? I would think there
is respectful line somewhere....

LOVE
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Number of posts : 760
Appreciation Points : 799
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick June 10th 2012, 2:30 pm

d-knots wrote:E,
Is there a difference between being a childish adult
and being an InnerChild-Adult? I would think there
is respectful line somewhere....

Very pertinent questions d-knots! and Jung stated......

"To remain a child too long is childish, but it is just as childish to move away and then assume that childhood no longer exists because we do not see it. But if we return to the "children's land" we succumb to the fear of becoming childish,... because we do not understand that everything of psychic origin has a double face. One face looks forward, the other back. It is ambivalent and therefore symbolic, like all living reality. C.G.Jung - Psychology and Alchemy (1944). CW 12. P.74"
~*~

Be well

Elrick

Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots June 13th 2012, 9:08 am

E,
Certainly something for me to research further.
And thoughtful of your response ........

You are a Blessing.
LOVE
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Self-forgiveness

Post by Elrick August 15th 2012, 1:53 pm

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Self-forgiveness02

Self-forgiveness / Self-love Walk

Find a quiet space in nature where you can walk, uninterrupted if possible

Commitment Ritual

Stand Still and feel your integrated being – Intellect, Emotional Adult, Spiritual Self & Body. Feel the light in you

Silently state your commitment to forgive yourself for all that you have done in your life out of patterns. State your commitment to love yourself

Reach up your arms to the sky and look up into the limitlessness of the light

Reach your arms out to the horizon that encompasses the whole world and slowly turn completely around to acknowledge your connection

Reach your hands down to touch the earth that supports and grounds you

Stand straight and breathe into your commitment to be authentic and to be present

Self-forgiveness

Start walking slowly. As you walk, state softly to yourself each of the things in your life you have done out of negative love that you now forgive yourself for:

Use the phrase ‘I forgive myself for …. ‘

Continue until you have forgiven yourself for everything that you can remember. Then say,

‘I forgive myself for everything I have done out of negative love’

Once again, do the Commitment Ritual

Self-love

Start walking slowly. Begin by saying

‘I love my whole self just as I am’

As you walk, speak softly about how you love and appreciate yourself. Speak of your whole integrated being, and of each of the four aspects of your being: Body, Intellect, Emotional Self and Spiritual Self. End by saying again

‘I love my whole self just as I am’

Complete your walk by once again doing the Commitment Ritual

Note: You may choose to repeat this walk many times in your life. As humans, we are by definition imperfect; and for each of us there will always be things for which to forgive ourselves. Self-love is a nurturing companion to self expression
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots August 19th 2012, 4:58 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
- Alot of Work - Wink

Ok I'll try......
Rose Yellow LOVE
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda August 20th 2012, 12:01 pm

Thank You Elrick Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 648385
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Reel Wisdom: Lessons from 40 Films in 7 Minutes

Post by Elrick September 3rd 2012, 8:53 am

Reel Wisdom: Lessons from 40 Films in 7 Minutes

Reel Wisdom: Lessons from 40 Films in 7 Minutes

There is wisdom in film medium…….

~*~
Be well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by d-knots September 15th 2012, 9:18 pm

I can agree with the Force Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 193808
d-knots
d-knots
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Be Well & Merry Xmas

Post by Elrick December 23rd 2012, 1:36 pm

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 TahquamenonFallsinWinter_zps3be41ac3

Written on Christmas Eve, 1513

I salute you. I am your friend, and my love for you goes deep.
There is nothing I can give you which you have not. But there is much,
very much, that, while I cannot give it, you can take. No heaven can
come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today. Take heaven!
No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present little instant.
Take peace! The gloom of the world is but a shadow. Behind it, yet within
our reach, is joy. There is radiance and glory in darkness, could we but see.
And to see, we have only to look. I beseech you to look!

Life is so generous a giver. But we, judging its gifts by their covering,
cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard. Remove the covering, and you
will find beneath it a living splendor, woven of love by wisdom, with power.
Welcome it, grasp it, and you touch the angel's hand that brings it to you.
Everything we call a trial, a sorrow or a duty, believe me, that angel's hand is there.
The gift is there and the wonder of an overshadowing presence. Your joys, too,
be not content with them as joys. They, too, conceal diviner gifts.

Life is so full of meaning and purpose, so full of beauty beneath its covering,
that you will find earth but cloaks your heaven. Courage then to claim it; that is all!
But courage you have, and the knowledge that we are pilgrims together,
wending through unknown country home.

And so, at this time, I greet you, not quite as the world sends greetings,
but with profound esteem and with the prayer that for you, now and
forever, the day breaks and shadows flee away.

~ Fra Giovanni ~

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 SignatureElrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Gratitude...

Post by Elrick February 18th 2013, 9:33 am

Gratitude....

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Gratitude_zps95386727

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~Melody Beattie

~*~

Be well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 21st 2013, 1:24 am

I love all your "Thought-for-the day" posts Elrick.
How come you quit March 4th 2011, 6:01 am

Deb
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Number of posts : 808
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.
Appreciation Points : 972
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick February 21st 2013, 9:15 am

ATouchofHeart wrote: How come you quit March 4th 2011, 6:01 am

Hi Deb,

Very many thanks for your comments, but I am a bit at a loss with your second one quoted above.

~*~

Be well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 21st 2013, 9:21 am

Hi Elrick,

ATouchofHeart wrote: How come you quit March 4th 2011, 6:01 am
The last entry I noticed was 3/4/11. Is there more? Maybe I did not see them.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female
Location : Southern, California on a Indian Reservation. Search for truth in Spirituality.
Hobbies : Everything Spiritual, Machine Embroidery, Quilting, Writing Poetry, Computer and creative software, Writing, Artwork.....never bored.
Tell us about yourself : I’m a widow; I lost my spouse April 16, 1999 to a broken heart and Cancer. He was a Native American. I have lived on his Reservation in California for 37 years. We were married 23 years. We had two children, lost one to a drunk driver in 97 before my spouse died. I started my spiritual journey when son passed; but woke up to spirituality abruptly June 2009 when I had an event reading by James Van Praagh and he brought through eight deceased relatives. I would love to be a medium in the future, and share that spiritual connection with those who have lost. I take photos of spirits in clouds. One of my favorite spirit photographs at night is an apparition of a Native American Male.

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Soul, Mind and Spirit

Post by Elrick February 23rd 2013, 10:36 am

Soul, Mind and Spirit

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 HAVONA_zpsdd9ed2f6

A very fascinating subject that members have often alluded to and how the meaning of Soul and Spirit differs in perspective from individual to individual, whether as a belief or a metaphoric understanding.

My apperception of the soul, mind and spirit resonates with that of some of the comments contributing to other topics in this forum by many members.

The way I see it, material mind is the arena in which human personalities live, are self-conscious, make decisions, choose to eternalize or destroy themselves.
Material evolution has provided us a life machine, our body; The Creative Mind or the Uncaused Cause or The Source if you prefer, has endowed us with the purest spirit reality known in the universe, your Spiritual Self or as Assagioli, Jung and Maslow define it, the Transpersonal Self.

As I experience it, the human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit, as I understand it, does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

To my understanding, the relationship between material mind and the spiritual Self, connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor mindal but spiritual. It is the soul.

I sense that both the human mind and the Spiritual Self are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul, the Spiritual Self fully, the mind partially. The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Spiritual Self as associated identities, proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the Spiritual Self but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and dominance through the fostering of a mind function whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spiritual value.

I partake of the notion that mortal mind seems to be a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as we use this mind, we are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence. Mind is about all we have of universe reality that is subject to our will, and our Spiritual Self will faithfully portray the choices of the temporal decisions which the human mind is making.

The way I envisage it, the human consciousness rests gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below and delicately touches the spirit-energy system above. Of neither of these two systems is the human being ever completely conscious in his mortal life; therefore must we work in mind, of which we are conscious. And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend which is of transcendental nature; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification. It is not so much that we are conscious of spiritual realms as that we yearn for those realms that results in spiritual progression. What we are today is not so important as what we are becoming day by day and in eternity.

But I am persuaded that human being does not passively, slavishly, surrender his/her will to the Spiritual Self. Rather does he/she actively, positively, and co-operatively choose to follow the Spiritual Self's leading when and as such leading consciously differs from the desires and impulses of the natural mortal mind. The Spiritual Self manipulate but never dominate human's mind against his/her will; to the Spiritual Self the human will is supreme, and regard and respect it while they strive to achieve the spiritual goals of thought adjustment and character transformation in the almost limitless arena of the evolving human intellect, as I see it.

As I comprehend it, In so far as a person's evolving spiritual soul becomes permeated by truth, beauty, and goodness as the value-realization of spirit-consciousness, such a resultant being becomes indestructible. If there is no survival of eternal values in the evolving soul of a human being, then mortal existence is without meaning, and life itself is a tragic illusion, human beings would be inevitably trapped within their own minds and would, therefore, be doomed to a psychological and metaphysical loneliness for which no remedy exists.. But I believe it to be forever true: "What you begin in time you will assuredly finish in eternity" -- if it is worth finishing.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart February 23rd 2013, 11:47 am

Wow, that was deep Elrick. Love your post and pic.
What I quoted of your post really resonates with my being.
Thanks ((((Elrick))))

I partake of the notion that mortal mind seems to be a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as we use this mind, we are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence.

I sense that both the human mind and the Spiritual Self are conscious of the presence and differential nature of the evolving soul, the Spiritual Self fully, the mind partially. The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Spiritual Self as associated identities, proportional to its own evolutionary growth. The soul partakes of the qualities of both the human mind and the Spiritual Self but persistently evolves toward augmentation of spirit control and dominance through the fostering of a mind function whose meanings seek to co-ordinate with true spiritual value.

If there is no survival of eternal values in the evolving soul of a human being, then mortal existence is without meaning, and life itself is a tragic illusion, human beings would be inevitably trapped within their own minds and would, therefore, be doomed to a psychological and metaphysical loneliness for which no remedy exists.. But I believe it to be forever true: "What you begin in time you will assuredly finish in eternity" -- if it is worth finishing.

ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 23rd 2013, 11:53 am

Dear Elrick,
In a Cosmos of Love and which has no edges, all thoughts and beliefs can be realized by an aspirant.
There is no superior or inferior way.You are your way.And your way is your way of engaging
the Love of the Underlying Reality.
What today you see as your reality will be yours to experience for as long as it is
your desire to do so.
Your way seems truly lovely and beautiful.
Enjoy
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurus20 February 23rd 2013, 12:05 pm

Thanks you Elrick! Heart Pump You said it all!
Taurus20
Taurus20

Female
Number of posts : 356
Hobbies : Meditation,reading, swimming,dancing and having fun .
Tell us about yourself : Looking for like minded people to connect with while on this spiritual journey.
Appreciation Points : 469
Registration date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 24th 2013, 10:38 am

Dear Elrick,
Would you consider the soul to be a gestalt?
Thanks
Stephen

Back to top Go down

Post by ATouchofHeart March 14th 2013, 8:42 am

"There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is distorted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgements of the interpreter."

That is so true.
ATouchofHeart
ATouchofHeart

Female

Back to top Go down

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 Empty Rites of Spring

Post by Elrick March 22nd 2013, 12:06 pm

Rites of Spring

Thought For The Day.. - Page 5 6bbd44e2-16d2-48fa-8eb1-c1a1eeb3ce56_zps5c0c622a

The mythologies of all cultures, no matter how distant from one another in time and in space, recognize the advent of spring:

In Egypt, the Sphinx looks directly into the rising sun on the spring equinox; in Greece, spring occurs when Persephone returns from the Underworld to her mother's embrace; in Chichén Itzá, at sunset the first day of spring, the shifting pattern of shadow and light creates the illusion of a diamondback serpent (a creature that sheds its skin the way the moon sheds its shadow) slithering down the steps of the Pyramid of Kukulkán; in the Christian world, Easter falls on the Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox, suggesting a resonance between the resurrection of Jesus and celebrations of the dead-and-resurrected lover of the goddess in lunar mythologies (Dumuzi and Inanna, Tammuz and Ishtar, Baal and Astarte, etc.).

Every year at the equinox the cold of winter melts under the warmth of the sun, which has grown in strength to the point where day and night are in perfect balance. Bees dance among painted blossoms, birds sing and preen, leaves unfurl, the landscape is lush with a hundred different shades of green, and even the most ancient among us feel the stirrings of youthful energies.

Mythology is a picture-language of the collective soul. The essence of wisdom and eternal truth does not seem to change over the life of our species—but to see and experience these same detailed themes and symbols emerge time and again engenders awe, wonder, and an appreciation for the majesty and power of myth.

~*~

Be well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 12:14 pm

Well said Elrick! Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrick March 22nd 2013, 12:18 pm

sunmystic wrote:Well said Elrick! Love, John

Gratitude, John.

It is good to see you back here after a spell ~ you've been greatly missed. Glad all is well with you.

~*~

Be well
Elrick
Elrick
Elrick
Administrators
Administrators

Back to top Go down

Post by sunmystic March 22nd 2013, 1:40 pm

Elrick wrote:
sunmystic wrote:Well said Elrick! Love, John

Gratitude, John.

It is good to see you back here after a spell ~ you've been greatly missed. Glad all is well with you.

~*~

Be well
Elrick

Thanks Elrick. I love your avatar picture. The two snakes and the wings and I are pretty good friends. Love, John
sunmystic
sunmystic
Administrators
Administrators

Male
Number of posts : 944
Hobbies : none
Tell us about yourself : I love the loving Divine
Appreciation Points : 1034
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next