Spiritual Forums - Spirits Journey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana)

2 posters

Go down

Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana) Empty Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana)

Post by Spirit-Being March 8th 2010, 10:48 am

This music speaks to my Soul, Carlos Santana is an amazing guitar player, If you like the sound of the cords from a guitar you will love this song, enjoy.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana) Empty Re: Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana)

Post by Linda March 8th 2010, 2:34 pm

Very nice indeed Spirit-Being. My Favorite Santana song is "Europa" he plays with Gato Barbieri, I listen to it every morning on youtube, makes me feeeel sooo good.
I'd like to share a story about when I got thrown out of a Santana concert a few years ago. (-:
The band that was playing before Santana was Los Lobos, they were playing a romantic song, I urged my husband to slow dance with me right in the isle next to our seats. We did and Security came quickly and told us No Dancing in the isle, so we sat down. When Santana started playing I was Pumped, he said to the audience "If you want to dance, get up and dance!" That was my cue, I jumped out of my seat, and was dancing to my hearts content, in the isle. Security grabbed me by the arm, my husband jumped out of his seat and pulled security off my arm, I stood there in shock as 6 Security guards surrounded us and told us to leave. We said no, Carlos said it was ok to dance. They picked up my husband and carried him to the security post, I quickly followed. They insisted that we leave, I told them "No Wanna Be Cop, was going to throw me out, they better send me a Real Police Officer!" which they did, we left. I wrote a letter to Carlos Santana, and told him about what happened. I mentioned to him that 20 years earlier, I was at a War concert, and was dancing, and at that time, I was invited backstage to meet the members, this time I was treated like a criminal, and that he was part to blame, cause he told me I could dance, and if he would send us tickets to his next show, and I would try to refrain from dancing. His office called, and guess what, we had tickets to his next show. Wow! Guess what, I felt like dancing, but this time I stopped a Security person, pointed out a spot on the floor, and asked If I could dance there. I was given permission, I was dancing and twirling, and then she tapped my shoulder and asked me to follow her. Oh noooo I thought, not again! She took me to the front of the stage, and told me I could dance there. Wooooo hoooooo, at one point Carlos looked down and gave me eye contact while I was dancing, I was out of breath after a few songs, went back and sat in my seat for the rest of the show. (-:
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana) Empty Re: Sunlight on the Water (Carlos Santana)

Post by Spirit-Being March 8th 2010, 8:19 pm

Interesting Story Linda

It's funny that when we try to be ourselves some do not understand because it's not the norm. Many people are comfortable with the norm of society that when they see someone who is being themselves, and care free, they assume it is not normal because thats not how they think its suppose to be done. Well i say good for you Linda you Lived in the moment and felt the need to Dance, after all your at a concert with music Very Happy

It's tough sometimes because i know if i was in your situation and they kicked me out for dancing, at a musical concert, i think i might have ended up at the police station. Praying It's much better to accept that maybe some people just don't understand, what being ourself actually is, but the flip side of it maybe the act of being ourself can actually be a teaching for others. Be carefree & Be yourself no matter what situation you encounter.

Many Blessings
Spirit-Being
Spirit-Being
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 2293
Hobbies : Reading, Creating Things, Music, Meditating, and Being a part of Nature
Appreciation Points : 2727
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda March 9th 2010, 10:05 am

Thanks for your response Spirit Being, before I get started working I am going to do my daily dance to "Rhythm is gonna get you" by Gloria Estefan, Have a Blessed Day! yourfriend Linda aka Happy Feet Finger-Dance
Linda
Linda
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 757
Hobbies : Living
Tell us about yourself : I feel at peace outdoors, listening to nature, the birds to the bubbling creek, recharges my soul.
Appreciation Points : 1030
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum